Tomhara Holiday Home Rental Terms and Conditions
- OWNERS. The Tomhara holiday home is owned and rented out by Mr and Mrs Robins (hereafter referred to as the “Owners”) whose business administration address is located at: 39 Ennerdale Road, Kew, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 3PE.
- BOOKING. Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under the age of 25 years or from parties where the majority of members are under 25 years (except families or supervised groups). Further, no bookings can be accepted from single sex parties. The number of persons occupying Tomhara must not exceed 12. The person who signs the booking form will be responsible for all persons included on the form and should ensure that they are aware of the booking conditions. The Owners reserve the right to decline any booking or to refuse to hand over a key to any person who is not considered suitable, or has not complied with the booking conditions.
- RESERVATION. To secure the reservation, complete all parts of the booking form, and send it together with a deposit of 25% of the total cost (excluding linen). The balance is payable eight weeks before the date of arrival, and it should be noted that reminders are not sent out. If the balance is not received by the due date, the Owners reserve the right to cancel the booking without refund of the deposit, and the house will be offered for resale. Any bookings made within eight weeks of the start of the holiday require full payment at the time of booking.
- CANCELLATION. The return of the booking form with the deposit, is legally binding on the sender (the “Hirer”). Once a booking is confirmed by the Owners, the Hirer is responsible for the total cost of the rental. If the booking is cancelled eight weeks prior to the date of arrival, the deposit will be forfeited. If the booking is cancelled within eight weeks of arrival the total cost of the holiday will be payable unless the Owners are able to re-let the house in which case the Owners will return 75% of the total cost of the holiday but the deposit will be forfeited. The Hirer is recommended to take out insurance against cancellation.
- PRICES. Prices quoted include VAT, and also the cost of electricity, gas and water. Charges for the use of the telephone and linen are not included in the rent and will be billed separately. The Owners reserve the right to charge the Hirer any increase in VAT or any other levy by the Government which affects the price of the rental.
- BOOKING ALTERATIONS BY THE HIRER. Any alterations to a booking by the Hirer will be subject to agreement with the Owners. Any change in holiday dates will be subject to the agreement of the Owners.
- BOOKING ALTERATIONS BY THE OWNERS. If, for reasons beyond their control, the Owners have to cancel or alter arrangements made for the Hirer, they will make every effort to offer alternative dates. If the Hirer does not accept the alternative offer, the Owners will return to the Hirer any monies paid, whereupon the Owners’ liability will cease.
- DAMAGE, LOSS AND NUISANCE. The Hirer agrees that the supervision of children, babies, dogs and any adults requiring care remains the responsibility of the Hirer at all times.
The Hirer will be responsible for leaving the accommodation in good order and clean condition. The Hirer will pay for any damage or loss however caused, excluding reasonable wear and tear incurred during occupation. The Hirer agrees not to cause nuisance or annoyance to occupants of nearby properties, and to allow reasonable access to the property by the Owners or their agents if they deem it necessary. The Owners will arrange a cleaner to come into Tomhara at 10.00 a.m. on the date of departure for which they will bear the expense. If the Hirer would like a cleaner during their occupancy, this can be arranged and will be charged at local rates. If, in the opinion of the Owners, any person is not suitable to continue their occupation of the property because of unreasonable behaviour, damage or nuisance to other parties, the contract may be rescinded and the Owners may repossess the property immediately. The Hirer will remain liable for the whole cost of the hire and no refund shall be due.
The security of the house is the responsibility of the tenant during the period of the tenancy. All doors and windows must be locked whilst the house is unattended and in the event of any theft or damage to the property as a consequence of this provision not being complied with, the Owner will hold the Tenant responsible for any loss and damage.
- OCCUPANCY. Occupancy shall be from 3.00 p.m. on the day of arrival until 10.00 a.m. on the day of departure, unless special arrangements have been made. The housekeepers have only a limited time to prepare Tomhara for the next guests, and the Hirer is asked to respect this.
- DOGS. In order to ensure that the Owners will continue to welcome dogs into Tomhara, the Hirer agrees that:
(a) There shall be no more than two dogs at the property at any time.
(b) All dogs shall be kept under strict control at all times whilst on the property.
(c) Any fouling of lawns, paths etc. shall be cleared up without delay.
(d) Any fouling of lawns etc. at the end of the holiday which is not cleared up by the Hirer will be charged at £35 per mess.
(e) The Hirer shall bring the dog’s bed for it to sleep in and the dog must sleep in the utility room.
(f) No dogs shall ever be left in the property unattended.
(g) No dogs are allowed in bedrooms or on chairs or settees and hair must be cleared up before departure.
- CARS. It is not permitted to park in the area at the bottom of the drive at any time. The Owners do not own this space and any parking there will upset the neighbours. It is very important to comply with this provision at all times.
- LIABILITY. Whilst the Owners make every effort to ensure the accuracy of the property description on the website and elsewhere, the Owners shall not be held responsible for any alterations made to the property or its amenities which are beyond its reasonable control. The Owners shall not accept responsibility for any sickness, injury, loss, damage, additional expense or inconvenience, directly or indirectly, caused by or arising out of the property and its appearance, plumbing, gas, electrical or otherwise or exceptional weather conditions. Further, no responsibility is accepted by the Owners for the personal property (including pets), car or the car’s contents belonging to the Hirer or any member of the party during their occupancy.
- INDEMNITY. The Hirer shall pay and/or indemnify the Owners for any damage, liability, loss, cost and expenses howsoever caused as a result of a breach or non-compliance by the Hirer (or any person occupying the property during the course of the rental period), with these Terms and Conditions.